Disagree. The problem with Android Market is that it doesn't even
attempt to solve the piracy issue. I agree that 100% protection is
impossible but devs right now have 0% protection.

Don't believe me? Search for any popular Android app on google - you
will find as many links to pirated apk's for that app as you will find
genuine review / discussion / marketing links etc. So an average phone
user will find cracked copies if that's the road they want to go down.

Of course devs would rather be writing new features but with reports
of 4 pirated copies to 1 legitimate copy turning out to be true, this
does dampen one's enthusiasm to write updates just to give them out
straight away to the freeloading pirates.