> You will need to use reflection (or intelligent class loading) and use
> the ContactsContracts provider when running on Android 2.0, allowing
> your existing Contacts code to be used on 1.5/1.6.
The Contacts.ContactMethods API is deprecated but not dropped. And
even deprecated APIs are required to function properly.
Google has to make sure (and even stated it in this forum) that this
is the case. It cannot be the idea for applications to check the
Android version invoke APIs accordingly via reflection.
I don't like to receive complaints from user that my application
doesn't work properly on their phone but if Google doesn't ensure that
event deprecated APIs, it is not my fault.
If many developers (especially of free applications) think likewise
user will experience a increasing number of non-working applications
in the Android market.
But thanks for your reply anyway :-)

Axel