Hi,

We are facing 2 issues on the nexus 1 using opengl  ( under NDK ) :

1)      glNormalPointer(GL_BYTE, x ,  y);       does no work, there no lighting
done on any model using normals stored using byte, the same code is
working properly on a motorola droid/milestone.

2)   Changine Lighting states are very slow and freeze the display
frame for 1 sec on the Nexus 1, we are using dynamic light ON/OFF  and
i am under the impression that is because of the emulation of the
opengl 1.x pipeline under a 2.0 pipeline -> some hidden upload of
shaders of some sort in the drivers, but this is to a point that there
is no way to use realtime lighting on our game for the nexus 1 so
somebody has to look into this issue.

If somebody has some advise to share, workaround, how to  fix those 2
issues , I'll be very happy to hear from you.

thank you,

Carlo