Thanks for your feedback :)

Do you push optimized triangle list indexed, triangle list or strip in
your scene ?

well, from our experience here, If you have a common setting that you
do not change we do not see this problem, let's say you have 1 light
set and keep it this way, however if you have a scene with multiple
texture, 2 or 4 point lights that you turn ON/ OFF independently,
color material, enable disabling LIGHTING between rendering batch of
geometry  then we start to see some very strange hang which i do not
explain since the exact same opengl code works perfectly on the droid/
milestone (smooth as butter).
For the Normals, just FLOAT is working and so we will use FLOAT but
still that's broken as we should be able to have support for BYTE for
normals too.
As for the performances, 300 000/s (while ok) are far away from the
22millions/sec (roughly 1.5%) listed on the qualcomm spec for the
snadragon :

http://www.qualcomm.com/products_services/chipsets/snapdragon.html

(wonder where they took this number out of)

Performances drop very sharply if you turn on more than 1 light
(specially if point light), there is no such of performances drop on
the SGX PowerVR which still maintains high performances from what we
can tell ;)

We are still experimenting too see how we will "workaround" this
trouble that we are facing....