Hello All,

I'm learning OpenGL on my own atm and I have a question about
texturing a surface:

I can create a simple polygon like this:

public class Square {
        // Our vertices.
        private FloatBuffer colorBuffer;
        float[] colors = {
            .5f, .5f, 0f, .2f, // vertex 0 red
            0f, 1f, 0f, .2f, // vertex 1 green
            0f, 0f, 1f, .2f, // vertex 2 blue
            1f, 0f, 1f, .2f, // vertex 3 magenta
    };
        private float vertices[] = {
                      -.7f,  .04f, -.5f,  // 0, Top Left
                      -.7f, -.04f, -0.5f,  // 1, Bottom Left
                       .7f, -.04f, 0.05f,  // 2, Bottom Right
                       .7f,  .04f, 0.05f,  // 3, Top Right
                };
private short[] indices = { 0, 1, 2, 0, 2, 3 };

Then I load all of that info into the approriate buffers and draw it
to the screen with a call to:

gl.glDrawElements(GL10.GL_TRIANGLES, indices.length,
                                GL10.GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, indexBuffer);

My question:

I'm looking for a good example of how to take an image and texture it
to the surface.

(I'm looking for a good book on JOGL with examples.)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Beck
Northeast ISD