Vaikunth wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Here is a sample application demonstrating obtaining your location via GPS:
>>
>> http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/Service/WeatherPlus/
>>
> The same thing happen the sample provided by you.
> In my device it is not working and in emulator it is working fine
> (when I send the lat and long).
> I am using eclips Ganymede.
>
>> Assuming you have the proper permissions in your manifest, it should
>> just work.
>
> I have set all the permission for the GPS in my application.
>
> Waiting for your response.

Add some logging statements to confirm whether you are actually getting
a GPS fix, as you may not get an actual forecast unless you are in the
United States.

If that is not your problem, then your device may be broken. The code in
question has been used extensively and is known to work.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Beginning Android 2_ from Apress Now Available!