Perhaps -- but since I don't really understand the question, perhaps
question quality had something to do with it?

"The radio button". What radio button?

What's a "a simple_list_item_single_choice layout"?

These things probably seem obvious to you, but they're not to me. So I
can only guess at the obvious solution. It could also be that I don't
even KNOW the solution.

I spend too much time answering questions as it is. If I don't
immediately understand the question enough (or a response) to have
something to offer, I just skip on to the next message.

Even good, easy questions can go unanswered. You can improve the odds
by writing clear questions, easily grasped by someone just scanning,
yet complete enough to fully understand.

That's not easy -- and even if everyone suddenly managed to do it,
it'd just increase the competition for answers to good questions!