> 1. Why are you using a ContentProvider?

Because that seemed to be the best way to get from a content URI
(returned from the Android video camera intent) to a byte stream.
Happy to do it another way, though.

> 2. What are you doing with the >2MB byte array when you get it on the
> ContentResolver side?

Once I've got the videoByteArray, I'm uploading it to a server, as a
FilePart within a multipart message. I can post the code for that if
it would be useful.

It works well for files of less than 2MB.

> My hope is that there's a way to avoid the problem altogether.

That would be good :) If anyone can work it out, it's probably you!