Hello,

As I understand it, the Phone.java interface is not available to
application developers. This being the case (please confirm), how can
application developers access detailed phone related data such as
neighboring CID (refer to the Phone.java code for additional
information)?

Retrieving this kind of information depends on the instantiation of
Phone (e.g. via makeDefaultPhone, or getDefaultPhones.
makeDefaultPhone cannot be used without special permission.

It looks to me like somehow, for reasons I do not quite understand, it
is particularly difficult to access and manage phone location
information (e.g. have direct access to the Phone.java interface).

Why is that? It cannot be a matter of security as testing of a
function and development of an application does not automatically
translate into publishing and approval of that application.

I would appreciate anyone's feedback and help on this.

Thanks.

Alex Donnini