Basically, pv_omxmastercore loads all omx cores registered in .cfg files
while OMX_Init() is invoked. Then decoder node can locate the corresponding
omx component for specific media content via OMX_GetComponentsOfRole and
OMX_GetHandle.
There are a couple of documents about interaction with OpenMAX in git:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/opencore.git;a=tree;f=doc;h=f08ea1052ee4a819b6be6caeaa3de28af59dd093;hb=642e1d2b4da40c6dcb79b52bc68222ee018e77b2
Especially
openmax_call_sequences.pdf<http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/opencore.git;a=blob;f=doc/openmax_call_sequences.pdf;h=8b1d1f88a4646a132e44b286b0a2b7ca8f5f64d0;hb=642e1d2b4da40c6dcb79b52bc68222ee018e77b2>
 and
omx_core_integration_guide.pdf<http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/opencore.git;a=blob;f=doc/omx_core_integration_guide.pdf;h=ac441d4f22e0660149a256be9cc3bdab9f8d6fcc;hb=642e1d2b4da40c6dcb79b52bc68222ee018e77b2>
.