Hi Roman,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not developed the device drivers myself.
I just got a pre-built shared library from the vendor(MotionNode) of
the orientation sensor. And that shared library too, runs in the user
space.
It just makes read/write system calls to access the device file /dev/
ttyUSB0, and the "usb-serial.c" device driver in the Linux kernel
takes care of everything else, like creating the device file when the
device is plugged in, and low-level communication with the device.

Thanks,
Puneet Jindal