Hi everybody,

I have solved the above problem as follows :

I edited the file : <android-workspace>/system/core/init/devices.c
and, added the line :  { "/dev/ttyUSB0", 0666, AID_ROOT, AID_ROOT,
0 },
to the data structure : static struct perms_ devperms[].

Now, whenever /dev/ttyUSB0 is created, it has the permissions :
     crw-rw-rw- root  root

Any comments, whether this is a good solution ?

And, does anyone know whether it is possible to do it with "udev
scripts" ?

Thanks,
Puneet Jindal