On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:12, Giorgio M. <ledz...@writeme.com> wrote:
[...]
> Yesterday, the phone got unusable apparently without reasons but, when i
> moved the SIM to another phone, i noticed that the SIM memory was full and
> for this reason (i guess) the freerunner restarted itself after each boot i
> tried.

Took me 2 days to realize my problem was my SIM card full of sms.
Android (v16-cupcake with uImage-v15,v16,v17) just got frozen (about
20 seconds after being started, but unpredictably) .

Storing sms on SIM card may be ok (should be an option), but the
problem is there is no warning that SIM card is full. (and of course
it should not crash android)
And you do not even see the sms on the SIM that were received while
not on android (other phone or distribution)! So you can't delete them
either.

I rebooted on Qtopia and :
- I could see all sms stored on SIM
- I had a "full" warning, so I just had to go and delete them.

On my older phone, when I receive an sms and SIM is full, I have a
warning, and as soon as I delete old ones, the incoming ones that were
awaiting are retrieved...