Mark, Nick,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Nick Pelly <npe...@google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:20 AM, pavan savoy <pavan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Should patches contributed to android-kernel (whatever tree, msm,
>> omap) be even considered to be submitted to kernel.org ?
>> The instance is specifically about an rfkill driver for bluetooth
>> chipsets on boards running android.
>>
>> The rfkill driver is merged, happily working on the android-kernel
>> tree (omap/ tree specifically), but it is only android that is worried
>> about anything like rfkill for bluetooth (not even linked to rfkill
>> input sub-system) !!!
>>
>> Since I don't see the need for such a driver on kernel.org, should it
>> be considered for submission ??
>> --
>> --Pavan Savoy
>>
>> --
>
> This particular driver is not Android specific, and would be great to
> push upstream. If you can cc me when you push it up that would be
> great so I can track it.
>
> Nick

When I meant android specific, I meant that it is only android that is
making use of an rfkill entry to toggle the BT Chip enable GPIO line.
Example: In other linux-bluetooth stacks (including blueZ on a busybox
sort of FS), this can be done via an sysfs entry or BT driver itself
or have it high @ boot in one of the board-*.c files from arch/*/...
directory.

Also, Nick -- Should I be migrating to 2.6.32 ? to upstream this patch to lkml ?
there are some HUGE changes to 2.6.32 rfkill sub-system !!!

--Pavan Savoy