it should work, but any interface break will require rebuilding filesystem
components and some changes.
also, make sure you build for your phone config..

$ cd $MYDROID/kernel/android-2.6.29
$ make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- distclean
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- <<board-default-config>>
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- uImage

Regards,
Deva