what I did to speed up development was, instead of building the source
everytime (1.5 hrs in my pc), I'll just make another boot.img with my
compiled kernel. boot.img contains the boot header, kernel image,
ramdisk, and other stuff. To make the new boot.img, issue the
"mkbootimg --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel
<zImage> --ramdisk <ramdisk.img in the out/target/product/dream_open> -
o boot.img" command. mkbootimg is located in out/host/linux-x86/bin.
To flash boot.img to phone, "fastboot flash boot.img. Or you can
overwrite the old boot.img with your new image so you can flash
everything with "fastboot -w flashall".

Hope this can help.