On 10 March 2010 16:58, Andrew de Quincey <a...@lidskialf.net> wrote:
> On 10 March 2010 14:50, sonic <s...@killig.de> wrote:
>> First of all, a big thank you for finding all this out!
>> I eagerly want to try this on my Nexus One. What would be the best
>> route to proceed?
>> I'm wondering how your ehci-msm7201.c relates to
>> https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=blob;f=drivers/usb/host/ehci-msm.c
>> Isn't the host code already there? It has been there already in the
>> Samsung Galaxy kernel source, but strangely disappeared in the Nexus
>> One kernel source. Which one should I try?
>
> I had absolutely no idea about the existence of that tree, so I'd
> implemented the driver myself from scratch!
>
> If you look at the android kernel trees at android.git.kernel.org
> there is absolutely no mention about host mode as you say. This has to
> be a policy decision by Google.
>
> I searched for *days* for talk about android host mode implementations
> before starting this project, but couldn't find anything whatsoever! I
> see they've even done the horrible
> make-the-function-drivers-unloadable stuff I've just done too!
>
> The tree looks an awful lot cleaner than the "official" sources.... I
> reckon I'll be giving it a go later!
>
> Thanks: kinda wish I'd heard this earlier, but that's not your fault! :)

OK, I need to think what to do next.... I imagine there are
HTC-specific hacks in their source trees to support their specific
platforms, so switching to an entirely codeaurora tree might be
tricky.

Perhaps backporting the relevant pieces from the codeaurora tree might
be the way to go forward, but I'll have to have a look at code
quality/applicability etc.