You need to clarify your goal: is it about drivers development or
about Android HAL?

Typical HAL implementation (senors.c for example) is not a Linux
kernel driver. It is part of the user space programming in according
with Android sensors interface requirements and limitations. There are
few resources about this topic available online but it is a custom
task (HAL) for a specific interface (Sensors) in a given platform
(Android).

"Driver development" represents a generic task to provide interface
between some physical or virtual device and the standard Linux system
interface. So this is a generic task (device driver) for a wide range
of devices (from /dev/null to RAID & VPN) in a standard Linux kernel.
If this is your area then start from here: http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/

Good luck
Igor