ok thanks Steve and Hamilton. I will setup adb over tcp.

But what breaks in adb when using fastboot? and why can't i just fix it?
kind of like using the usb interface with adb and fastboot. i should be able
to reload the adb daemon and server onto my snapdragon to see it work again.
it worked fine for 3 days using fastboot and adb.

/mpd