I tried cat /sys/power/state & it outputs
radio-interface.

Assuming that the RIL is basically holding a wakelock i tired
debugging using-
echo 15 > /sys/module/wakelock/parameters/debug hoping it to print all
wakelock acuire & release sequences.
This didn't print anything :(

I hope I'm on track unless has a useful comment at this point!

Regards,
Sunil