Worked out on the wakelock issue, so now cat /sys/power/state does not
show any module holding a wakelock
Also, I was able to put off the LCD by executing:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-fb/graphics/fb0/blank

Anyways, I was hpoing after inactivity for sufficient time the
userspace process should freeze and suspend routing must get invoked.
Still stuck on getting the suspend sequence working after this :(

Regards,
Sunil