Hi,

I'm having issues with loading my kernel. The error below leads me to
believe that I'm not building the proprietary imgtec/samsung drivers
against my modified kernel.

<3>[  292.940032] drivers/misc/inv_mpu/mldl_cfg.c|
inv_mpu_get_slave_config|1792 returning 4
<6>[  294.745819] PVR_K:(Error): BridgedDispatchKM: Initialisation
failed.  Driver unusable. [4811, drivers/gpu/pvr/bridged_pvr_bridge.c]
<3>[  294.762664] init: untracked pid 1738 exited
<3>[  294.762817] init: untracked pid 1742 exited

For reference, I'm building with the android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0 branch.
I believe that it's built properly because I have a arch/arm/boot/
zImage.
Next, I copied over the zImage to device/samsung/tuna/kernel and built
an aosp toro rom.
When that finished, I did a `fastboot boot boot.img`.
Now I'm stuck at the initial Google screen but my device is up and
running, as far as I can tell, when I go in through `adb shell`.

At this point, I had 4.0.2 from Verizon's OTA update but then I
decided to install a 4.0.3 AOSP-based image from one of the many
distributions online, because I thought the kernel I just built may be
for 4.0.3 only. Tried my own boot.img once more, but there is no
change.

To sanity check myself, I flashed one of the many 4.0.3 kernels
distributed with the same `fastboot boot boot.img` and everything
appeared to be working and functional.

I've tried using `split_bootimg.pl boot.img` on the working boot.img I
downloaded, `mkbootimg --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk boot.img-
ramdisk.gz -o boot.img` followed by a `fastboot boot boot.img` but
that gives me the same result as before--stuck at the Google screen
while the actual system is up and running.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do so I'm reaching out for advice.

Thanks,
Ken