Preetam,

That is what I meant in the first post, when the driver wouldn't
load--presumably because the kernel version strings didn't match up.
My mistake was with using the wrong branch: android-omap-tuna-3.0-mr0
rather than android-omap-tuna-3.0.

Now a `fastboot boot out/target/product/toro/boot.img` gives me my
computer's hostname in the kernel version string in the About Phone
page.

Sidenote: does anyone know what the -mr0 signifies in the branch naming scheme?

Thanks,
Ken Ko