Hello *,

I'm new to this group and to Android kernel development in general, so
please be patient with me for my newbie questions.

My customer would like to use a external USB webcam (UVC) connected to
a tablet that has a USB Host port. Are there any plans to include the
UVC driver in the Linux kernel for Android in the future? The app
would need to be easily installable by end users, so the "compile it
yourself" solution is a non-starter.

Also coding a static UVC library (GPL license) using the
android.hardware.usb API seems a bit hard way to go... unless there's
someone here, already UVC-skilled, interested in doing such paid job...