I would like to hack in to two andorid devices, mic and the GPS
device. With the mic I want to get the back ground noise. Measure the
intensity of sound for ex - lets say frequency or some dB value (which
ever is supported). With GPS obviously the location cordinates.

On the android platform it is easy to do this as an application.
However I want to pass this data to the kernel..how to achieve that? a
user space daemon polling the above sensors constantly(then again how
to write to the kernel space..), or can I get these values in the
kernel space itself? (ex- as a bite stream from the device driver)

Appreciate any ideas about the matter..