@Emric...I would have do that , but I am sorry I can't do
anything against of company policy...

But u can do @ ur side...
Write a simple program and do malloc and memset in while(1) , it will give
u OOM (if u have enabled it or if u have applied OOM patch)...

then you can checkout all the information printed by OOM..and I have tried
more than 2-3 applications, but couldn't calculate the exact memory usage .

Initially I got this problem when I was using browser, when I try to open
the link , I got OOM...then I tried to calculate amount to free memory and
used memory , I found that a large chunk of memory (200MB approx) was used
by some other processes. then i tried with other small programs and get OOM
for them, but thing is for every  program there is always some memory
confusion(who used extras memory)....

yeah I do cat /proc/meminfo also....when I do malloc and memset , in
meminfo I found that inactive pages has grown up, in meminfo I can
mainupulate memory calculations easily and i got correct results...

But in case of running browser on my target board I am needing to know
where is rest of memory going when it is required by my browser.

Thanks