Manjeet,

That's interesting... I am not quite sure 'free' and 'proc/mem/info'
include any sensitive information for your company.
If you stored your last sales figures in those files, believe me, it is a
wrong wrong idea...
Also it is probably against your company policy to expose your problems on
this mail thread. Did you think about it?

Anyway, since you don't want a specific answer, you'll get a generic one.
Have a look to the excellent site:
http://www.linuxatemyram.com/
including the experiments:
http://www.linuxatemyram.com/play.html