In order to create a staging area for various patches and cleanup (not to
mention provide a place where people can easily build the Android source
with patches for the Freerunner), I've created a patched and mirrored git at
http://git.koolu.org (with the help of Marcelo Magallon). Hopefully the
greater public can start building, testing and submitting patches there,
which can be further refined and pushed to Google (if sufficiently generic).
Hopefully Gerrit2 will alleviate having to do this in the future.

Regards,
Brian Code