Hello everyone,
I've spent the past 3 days porting Android to the Palm Treo 680...
Managed to get a running kernel, that can mount partitions on the SD
Card, built the latest source dump, and since the device only had 64MB
Ram, I managed to enable a swap partition on the SD Card and have it
enabled by init.rc...
I've also combined /system with /data and the files in ramdisk.img
into one large ext3 filesystem, that is the kernel takes as its root,
and made all needed changes in init.rc to accommodate this change.

Kernel booted, root mounted, I can see the text "A N D R O I D" and it
also shows the Android splash screen, but that's all...

The Android splash logo keeps blinking, and then it disappears and re-
appears again, blinking, and so on in an infinite loop...

I've also noticed that the characters on the screen are very very
small, esp with the "A N D R O I D" text, comparing to what I've seen
on the emulator in the SDK..

Also the splash screen looks a bit odd, unlike the emulator, I can see
two Androids, one that blinks and the other doesn't...

What could possibly be going wrong? kindly check these links for
images of what I get on the screen
http://smshaker.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=8
http://smshaker.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=9