If you are working on the platform, look at the PlatformLibrary sample code
for examples of doing all of this stuff -- writing a native library, a Java
API to it with JNI, and client applications using the Java API.

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/development.git;a=tree;f=samples/PlatformLibrary