The error code may be confused.  Unless you have the Google maps library
built into your system image (it is not a part of the open source platform),
you won't be able to install the Google maps app which relies on it.

You should always look at the log, which often has more information about
errors.  In this case the package manager has probably logged some more
descriptive error information.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.