You can look at the PlatformLibrary sample code to see how to add a library
to the system.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Ravi Kumar BS <ravik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried one more thing just now. I pulled this com.google.android.maps.jar
> (using adb pull) from the emulator and placed it in /system/framework
> folder. It is still giving the same issue.
>
> Do you know if we can do something with the com.google.android.maps.jar
> file that i pulled from the emulator?
>
> Thanks,
> -Ravi
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com>wrote:
>
>> Yes, as I originally say said: "Unless you have the Google maps library
>> built into your system image (it is not a part of the open source platform),
>> you won't be able to install the Google maps app which relies on it."
>>
>> The maps library is owned by Google and not part of the open source
>> platform.  You would need to talk with Google about getting it.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Ravi Kumar BS <ravik...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried to install this Maps.apk in a different way. Instead of using
>>> "adb install Maps.apk" command, I copied the Maps.apk in the /system/app
>>> folder. Next time when booted the board, I collected the logs (logcat). In
>>> that I am seeing following messages.
>>>
>>> From the log I see that It is looking for com.google.android.maps and is
>>> not able to find it. From where can i get this and where should I put this
>>> in the rootfs ?
>>>

>>> ================LOGS===============
>>> I/PackageManager(  717): /system/app/Maps.apk changed; collecting certs
>>> D/dalvikvm(  717): GC freed 4702 objects / 288728 bytes in 44ms
>>> D/dalvikvm(  717): GC freed 5531 objects / 410376 bytes in 47ms
>>> E/PackageManager(  717): Package com.google.android.apps.maps requires
>>> unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; ignoring!
>>> I/PackageManager(  717): /system/app/Hello.apk changed; collecting certs
>>> W/PackageParser(  717): Exception reading /system/app/Hello.apk
>>> W/PackageParser(  717): java.util.zip.ZipException: Central Directory
>>> Entry not found
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.zip.ZipEntry.<init>(ZipEntry.java:486)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.zip.ZipFile.readCentralDir(ZipFile.java:360)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:111)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:135)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:229)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:212)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:333)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.PackageManagerService.collectCertificatesLI(PackageManagerService.java:1692)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:1741)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:1663)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:457)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:258)
>>> W/PackageParser(  717):         at
>>> com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:111)
>>> I/PackageManager(  717): Failed verifying certificates for