I did that but I get a similar error of ehung1111..
The output:
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported on transport endpoint.
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2
CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS Ready
CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=1

And it locks.
I'm running on EeePc, atk5 dd as built-in in kernel.
wlan0 & wmaster0 (I think they're the same dev) are displaying under /
sys/class/net/