Hello Nail,

Sorry for the late response. I took some vacation .... I am not sure exactly
in which order you are trying to port the Wifi to your device.

In general I would recommend to make sure that your needed functionality is
running on native before you do any integration on Java level.

You might want to check in the Wifi native code in which cases (if not done
yet) the error " Unable to open connection to supplicant on" is reported.

Please, keep me updated about your progress.

Thx,
 Roman

--
Roman Baumgaertner
Sr. SW Engineer-OSDC

On 4/14/09 2:47 AM, "nail" <s894...@gmail.com> wrote:

> dear Roman,
>
> i found the wlan interface which wpa_supplicant create is locate at
> root dir, i.e. /wlan0,
>
> so, i try to use "wpa_cli -p /wlan0", it can connect to
> wpa_supplicant :-)
>
> next step i need to let android wifi UI has the same behavior as
> wpa_cli command,
>
> i modify some code of "Framework/base/services/java/com/android/server/
> Wifiservice.java
> " and "hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c",
>
> after execute, i got following error:
>
> "D/WifiHW  ( 2127): Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/
> wlan0": Connection refused",
>
> i think this is some kind of "permission deny", and the user:group of /
> waln0 is root:wifi,
>
> do you have any idea about this issue   :-(
>
> On 4月14日, 上午8時42分, Roman <roman.baumgaert...@t-mobile.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nail,
>>
>> Here is an article which might help
>>
>> http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant//devel/driver_wrapper.html
>>
>> Of course you still have to find out how to hook up your code exactly
>> to the Androidwifisupport.
>>
>> Have you tried already to install a common LinuxWifisupplicant on
>> your board?
>>
>> --Roman
>>
>> On Apr 12, 9:26 pm, nail <s894...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> dear Roman,
>>
>>> sorry for i have not explain my question enough, and i will be glade
>>> to explain it again:
>>
>>> my goal is to enable the "intel 3945 abg"wificomponent on our x86
>>> target platform
>>
>>> so my first step is to enable corresponding kernel config and built-in
>>> corresponding firmware
>>
>>> my next step is trying to build wpa_xxx utility into android to
>>> supportwifisetting,
>>>  these utility include wpa_cli, wpa_supplicant, ... , etc.
>>
>>> after that, i try to config wpa_supplicant.conf, and all the contents
>>> are shown below:

>>> wpa_supplicant.conf
>>
>>> update_config=1
>>> ctrl_interface=wlan0