None of the devices Android is currently shipping has SMP, so of course it
is not turned on for the current builds.  If you have such hardware, you can
compile the Linux kernel with such support, and it will work just like it
does in the Linux kernel anywhere else.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer