Hi Jack,

I tried your suggestion but the touch screen is still acting 90 degree
shifted.
the main lock screen should open by a horizontal swipe but it opens
with a vertical swipe (and hence everything else after that is 90 deg
shifted)

The s3c_ts.c (samsung SMDK6410) file which i am using for touchscreen
had this as original settings:
input_set_abs_params(ts->dev, ABS_X, 0,800, 0, 0);
input_set_abs_params(ts->dev, ABS_Y, 0,480, 0, 0);

I tried a few changes like
ABS_X=240, ABS_Y=320                     result:-touch sensitive area
decreased to the top 25% of the screen, still 90deg shifted
ABS_X=480, ABS_Y=640                     result:-touch sensitive area
decreased to the top 50% of the screen, still 90deg shifted
ABS_X=600, ABS_Y=640                     result:-touch sensitive area
decreased to right of screen, still 90deg shifted
ABS_X=480, ABS_Y=800                     result:-touch sensitive area
decreased to the left 50% of the screen, still 90deg shifted

in all these the 90 deg shift is still there. can u pls suggest
anything else i can try.

Thanks and regards
Manoj