My splash image though keeps loading like a garbled mess
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Tony" <crackeri...@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 4, 2011 3:38 PM
Subject: [android-porting] What type of this .img file?
To: "android-porting" <android-porting@googlegroups.com>

Hello,

I'm new to android dev and learning how to port gingerbread to my
samsung i9003.
I successfully converted partitions on the phone from samsung's RFS
to ext2.
But I have a problem, I need to modify the file init.rc to change the
mount option to ext2. but the file is in ramfs, and I need to modify
its source.
There are to .img file which I think init.rc is placed -
normalboot.img and recover.img. I have no idea what type of these
files are.
But I open it in a hex editor and found that the very first byte of
the file is a string "ANDROID".
Could someone give me a hint what these file are and how can I open or
extract(repack) it?
Is it a type of file system?

Tony