Hi,

The following information is based on my understanding.

Usually android update adb won't do that.
It actually updates the adb to the latest adb version.

on linux machine:

modify the /etc/udev/rules.d/52-android.rules file to add the vendor id to
it.

then restart adb,it should work.
I am not sure what happens with windows machine.

Regards,
Ramya.