On Monday, March 26, 2012 2:21:33 AM UTC-4, ramya mohan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following information is based on my understanding.
>
> Usually android update adb won't do that.
> It actually updates the adb to the latest adb version.

This comment in ~/.android/adb_usb.ini suggests otherwise:

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.

Certainly I can edit that by hand, but I'd rather our customers just
install our USB driver package and have everything just work.

Matt