El Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:59:01AM -0700 Harish V ha dit:

>     Thanks for your response. I got the syntax sorted out now:
>    service my_sh /system/etc/my_sh.sh
>        class main
>    #    user root
>    #    group root
>        oneshot
>    With this, I do see the service kicking in. The next challenge is how do I
>    get the script to work. Say if I want to cd /mnt/sdcard & this should show
>    up in the shell prompt. Is that doable? In other words, it should work
>    exactly as though I'm manually running the script

you expect the service to change the working directory of the console
process? that won't happen, the service runs in a separate process
with its own working directory, the cd command will only affect the
working directory of the service

best regards

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Developer

                       El camino se hace al andar
                           (Antonio Machado)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-