Hi

You'd probably get your problem solved a lot quicker if you provided the
ramdisk.img ( or boot.img ) you are using.
At a guess however I would make sure the .rc permissions are set to 644
otherwise the init process will class the file as unsafe and refuse to
process it which is probably the likely cause here....  You can find out
for sure by running adb shell dmesg during the boot process, assuming you
have it all enabled.. You should see a message like "skipping insecure file
<filename>".

Hope that Helps