Hello all,
Is there a way to build the native android kernel for your device, to
include other linux applications?
I know that android kernel is build on top of linux, so logically you could
extend android build to include a native linux build enviornment?
I would like to build X11 inside of android and use the existing GUI of
android.
I'd also like to be able to compile other linux apps inside android as well.

all the searching I have is about linux inside of a chroot, and that's not
what i'm looking for.

since android is build upon linux, then really it should only be a matter
of running a few scripts to call init files and other libraries?

I did see this "Build native GNU/Linux applications: the easy way"
<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1444792>

But nothings been done since early 2012.

If I'm going to be compiling an android and its kernel for a device from
scratch, then it makes sense to extend the linux to include the
functionality to build native linux apps as well, right?

I do hope I'm in the right android group!

Can anyone give suggestions and or point me in the right direction?

thank you!