Dnia Sunday, 17 of February 2008, Koen Kooi napisaƂ:
> * on angelboot (read: zaurus) machines the kernel partition holds
> stripped down kernel + initramfs that kexecs a second kernel (with more
> dirvers) with a bigger initramfs which kexecs a third kernel to boot
> into final userspace

> Marcin: is that the same idea you had for angelboot machines, or will
> we repartition flash and put in our own rescue filesystem?

Basically there were two ideas according to Zaurus boot:

1. use kernel+initramfs in kernel partition and let it kexec /boot/zImage
2. use rescue flash partition to keep our boot+reflash system which will
   be executed by kernel from 1st point

Personally I would go into 1st way if we are able to get working system in
~400-500KB of initramfs (minimal Zaurus kernel for c7x0 was ~700KB).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

We were talking about everything. It's called friendship. It's like
therapy for poor people [WaT 2x18]