On Thursday 06 March 2008 22:46:31 Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> freesmartphone.org would be a really useful standard. Do you think, that
> the result will become HAL addon or a separate D-Bus daemon?

We should first go for a seperate dbus daemon and then think about how to
integrate with HAL. Trying to extend HAL to become pluggable and configurable
plus adding the features we need will hardly be managable within the GSoC
time constraints.

What is needed is a tiny generic framework that just delivers dbus messages to
individual plugins and back. Then, you can add all kinds of plugins for
various machines. See
http://www.freesmartphone.org/mediawiki/index.php/Implementations/OpenDeviceDaemon

for a list of thoughts that went into yet.

(Note: I think Vala would make the perfect implementation language for this
daemon)

--
Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de