Thomas Kunze wrote:
Koen Kooi schrieb:
Andrea Adami wrote:
Slightly OT,

I would guess we could easily gain new testers (and perhaps mentors)
adding the linux-kexecboot 'second stage bootloader' to the
autobuilder.

For all machines? Angstrom is more than a few zaurus machines! Can't
this made be more generic than forcing machines to use a specific
kernel for creating an initramfs?
As the situation is now there is no other way of doing sth. like this.
Of course it would be nicer to have a package that basically says:
take this defconfig (specific to each machine) and build your kernel
with it. The whole kernel build infrastructure would need work to do
this. So I created a new
kernel recipe. For other machines its just a matter of adding the kernel
patches for the machine and a matching defconfig.

A quick look revealed major flaws:

KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "defconfig-${MACHINE}"

OE has overrides and filespath, so please put defconfigs in a machine subdir (e.g. linux-kexecboot/akita/defconfig)

do_configure() {
        cp '${WORKDIR}/${KERNEL_DEFCONFIG}' '${S}/.config'
        yes '' | oe_runmake oldconfig
}

That ignore EABI and other things, please include linux.inc to get this all done for you.

If you want more machines to use this you'll also need to restructure the SRC_URI part of the versioned recipes...

All in all I don't think it's ready for public consumption, but it isn't far off either.

regards,

Koen