On 07/20/2011 09:42 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

Does this also upgrade the Kernel (that I understand is not on the SD-Card but
in the Flash chip on the CPU card) ?=
You should get a /boot/uImage-<something>  file you can flash to NAND or SPI if
you wish

I found that the Kernel package (version 2.6.33-rc4) already is up to date.

Unfortunately I suppose I just killed myself.

The upgrade process stopped with these errors:

root@da850-omapl138-evm:~# opkg upgrade
Upgrading opkg-nogpg-nocurl on root from 0.1.6+svnr527-r21.5 to 0.1.6+svnr543-r21.5... Downloading http://feeds.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv5te/base/opkg-nogpg-nocurl_0.1.6+svnr543-r21.5_armv5te.ipk.
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/share/opkg/intercept/update-modules
        But that file is already provided by package  * opkg
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/share/opkg/intercept/ldconfig
        But that file is already provided by package  * opkg
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/share/opkg/intercept/depmod
        But that file is already provided by package  * opkg
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/bin/opkg-key
        But that file is already provided by package  * opkg
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/bin/update-alternatives
        But that file is already provided by package  * opkg
* check_data_file_clashes: Package opkg-nogpg-nocurl wants to install file /usr/bin/opkg-cl

So I uninstalled the package opkg-nogpg-nocurl (supposing that the opkg package is the one to keep).

But this removed the opkg command ;(
root@da850-omapl138-evm:~# opkg remove opkg-nogpg-nocurl
Removing package opkg-nogpg-nocurl from root...
update-alternatives: removing //usr/bin/opkg as no more alternatives exist for it
root@da850-omapl138-evm:~# opkg
-sh: opkg: not found