Op 30 aug. 2011, om 11:39 heeft Paul Eggleton het volgende geschreven:

> Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Op 30 aug. 2011, om 09:55 heeft Paul Eggleton het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> * Have a closer link to the actual package building on the backend
>>> (BitBake), so anyone can see when the last set of packages were built or
>>> if there is a build currently in progress.
>>
>> The problem is that narcissus knows nothing about bitbake, it's just a
>> fancy way of 'opkg update ; opkg install foo'.
>
> Yes, and I'm not necessarily suggesting a deviation from that. I figured
> assuming that continues to be the model, it might still be nice to get
> some more visibility into the actual build process, but no control over it
> from the web interface.
>
>> If we continue with that
>> model, we have the following to work with:
>>
>> 1) /etc/angstrom-version:
>>
>> root@beagleboard:~# cat /etc/angstrom-version
>> Angstrom v2011.08-core (Core edition)
>> Built from branch: master
>> Revision: 4816116d9c08c82e38dc5d95a170e2904bfe3786 [1]
>> Target system: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
>
> BTW will this revision information be expanded for the OE-core model of
> multiple metadata repos? Might be ugly but it seems to me the single
> revision isn't as useful as it was previously.

The angstrom-version recipe does this:

do_install() {
    install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}
    echo "Angstrom ${DISTRO_VERSION} (Core edition)" >
${D}${sysconfdir}/angstrom-version
    echo "Built from branch: ${METADATA_BRANCH}" >>
${D}${sysconfdir}/angstrom-version
    echo "Revision: ${METADATA_REVISION}" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/angstrom-version
    echo "Target system: ${TARGET_SYS}" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/angstrom-version

    echo "NAME=Angstrom" > ${D}${sysconfdir}/os-release
    echo "ID=angstrom" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/os-release
    echo "PRETTY_NAME=The Ångström Distribution" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/os-release
    echo "ANSI_COLOR=1;35" >> ${D}${sysconfdir}/os-release

    install -d ${D}${bindir}
    install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/lsb_release ${D}${bindir}/
}

So if METADATA_* becomes more usefull, angstrom-version becomes more usefull :)
Slightly off-topic: maybe we should try to standardize /etc/<distro>-release in
the OE-core universe, like systemd is standardizing /etc/os-release.

regards,

Koen