Sorry for this mistell, you've asked not me.

I've also got a problem with picosam9 machine (http://arm.mini-box.com/) and I've got some problem with it.

This is a cross-post from angstrom-distro-user:

I made a git clone of Angstrom (
git clone git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/setup-scripts
), then - as mentioned at angstrom-distribution.org - I've issued

MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh config picosam9
MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh update
MACHINE=picosam9 ./oebb.sh bitbake virtual/kernel

Last command failed with this error:

DEBUG: Using cache in '/home/arm/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/cache/bb_codeparser.dat' for codeparser cache ERROR: Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration. Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Please set a valid MACHINE in your local.conf or environment

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

complete log you can find here: http://pastebin.com/UnXDkfUr

Then I tried to build Angstrom for some more popular machine - for example, beagleboard, but got the same result.

Then I tried to understand, how machine information is stored in Angstrom, but had no success. How does bitbake know, which machine it can build and which - cannot?

Yes, I did.