Yes, I ran all the commands that are specified here:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:54:53 +0100
From: Koen Kooi <k...@dominion.thruhere.net>
Subject: Re: [Angstrom-devel] Error when building Angstrom with
       bitbake
To: Discussion of the angstrom distribution development
       <angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org>

Op 31 jan. 2012, om 05:28 heeft Hunter Scott het volgende geschreven:

> I am following these instructions and trying to build Angstrom for the
> beagleboard:
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom
>
> I keep encountering this error when running MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh
> bitbake virtual/kernel
> ERROR: IO Error: file 'conf/bitbake.conf' not found

Did you run the config step first?

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:28:16 -0500
From: Hunter Scott <aloishi...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Angstrom-devel] Error when building Angstrom with bitbake
To: angstrom-distro-devel@linuxtogo.org

I am following these instructions and trying to build Angstrom for the
beagleboard:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom

I keep encountering this error when running MACHINE=beagleboard ./oebb.sh
bitbake virtual/kernel
ERROR: IO Error: file 'conf/bitbake.conf' not found

>From what I've read, this is commonly caused from BBPATH not being set
correctly. Here is what I used to set that variable:
export
BBPATH=/media/secondary/beagle_dev/setup-scripts/:/
media/secondary/beagle_dev/setup-scripts/sources/openembedded-core/media
sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

But I still get the error.
I used locate to discover that bitbake.conf is in /usr/share/conf. Is there
something wrong with my BBPATH?

Thanks,
--
*Hunter Scott*