We developed a platform based on Angstrom distro and now we have a customer
with an application which uses a dpkg heavily. We tried to simulate dpkg
through opkg with some success, but our fear is that it won't work in every
situation. Thus we have two options: to change the platform distro
(although is already certified), or incorporate dpkg somehow. For me,
changing the distro is far more aggresive action than enabling dpkg
somehow.